by Sue Stover
What started out as a a plain solid black tank top can be easily transformed into a beautiful unique garment in just an hour or two! This project takes no time and very little in materials.
1) Lay the shirt out on a flat surface with a layer of newspaper inside of the shirt.
2) Put some of the Discharge Paste onto the sponge brush and dab it onto the foam stamp that is your bottom border. Make sure all of the stamp is covered.
3) Press the foam stamp onto the fabric at the bottom edge of the shirt. Continue stamping all around the bottom edge of shirt in this manner. It may be a little difficult to see your pattern as the Discharge Paste is clear. Let dry for a few minutes.
4) Iron the bottom of the shirt to make the discharging process take place. You should be able to clearly see the pattern now. Be sure to work in a well ventilated space.
5) Place 2 lines of masking tape above the bottom pattern leaving about 1/4" in between the lines. Paint with the sponge brush some of the Discharge Paste in the 1/4" space. Remove tape, let dry and iron.
6) With the leaf stamp, stamp an all over pattern on the rest of the shirt. You may want to mask out areas that you don’t want the Discharge Paste to go. For example, use the masking tape around the neck and arm holes to keep the binding all black and use tape or scrap paper to cover the bottom border while stamping the leaves.
7) Iron the rest of the shirt. Wash it and it’s ready to wear!