by Carol Heppner
I love photography and scrapbooking, and I am always looking to take my work to that next level. ExtravOrganza allows me to print photographs and text which, when added to my work, adds texture, softness, and interest to my art. It also adds a "WOW" factor that you can only achieve by using the translucent ExtravOrganza.
1) Print out the text and photograph on the ExtravOrganza sheet.
2) Cut out the text and photograph, and then fray the edges.
3) Use archival glue to secure the 7" x 7" white scrapbook paper to the 8" x 8" black scrapbook paper.
4) Glue the two-tone flower photograph to the upper area of the 7" x 7" white scrapbook paper.
5) Cut the upper left and lower right corners of the ExtravOrganza printed photograph into a triangular shape and fray the edges. Use archival glue to attach the upper-left corner triangle ExtravOrganza to the upper-left area of the photograph. Glue the lower-right corner triangle ExtravOrganza to the lower-right area of the photograph.
6) Glue the ExtravOrganza printed diamond patterned to the left side of the two-tone photograph.
7) Secure the "Laugh in Color" ExtravOrganza ribbon just below the two-tone photograph.
8) Attach the 1/4" x 5 1/2" black scrapbook paper below the in color ExtravOrganza ribbon and the 2" x 5" white scrapbook paper in the center of the black paper. Glue the ExtravOrganza text "The Earth laughs in Color" over the black and white scrapbook paper.
9) Cut out 2 1/2" x 2" rectangle from the colored flower ExtravOrganza and glue it to the lower-left corner of the scrapbook page. Glue the photograph over the colored flower ExtravOrganza.
10) Embellish the scrapbook page with the ExtravOrganza printed ribbon, alphabet sticker, and paper rose sticker.
Two-tone Photograph Instructions:
There are a few different ways to create a two-tone photograph from a black and white photograph:
Use photograph pencils to color a black and white photograph.
Paint a black and white photograph copy with Jacquard’s Lumiere or Textile paints.
Cut out the flower from the colored photograph and glue it onto the black and white photograph.
Or what I did for this project, create a computer-generated photograph.
Computer Generated 5" x 7" Photograph:
1) Using your favorite computer graphic program, copy your color photograph and paste it as a new image. Change the new copied photograph to a black and white photograph.
2) Create a blank layer over the original color photograph.
3) Copy the black and white photograph and insert it on top of the original color photograph.
4) Use the eraser tool to remove the black and white color from the main flower image.
5) Merge the layers of the photograph and save the photograph to your file.
6) Print out your image onto photograph paper.
7) Print a second copy of the photograph on Jacquard’s ExtravOrganza.
Printer friendly PDF:
Scrapbook Page with ExtravOrganza