Color Remover can remove dyes and stains as well as whiten any natural fabric, rayon and some nylons. It does not work on polyester. Color Remover requires high heat, which may be problematic for wool. It is not bleach. It can also be used for discharge techniques.
Notes: When removing dyes, the fabric color does not always come out white. A completely different color may result. Always test first. Utensils and pot used for color remover should not be used for food.
|2 oz/56.70 g||(Item CHM1300)|
|1 lb/0.45 kg||(Item CHM2300) pictured|
In an enamel or stainless steel pot dissolve Color Remover in enough hot water to cover fabric. Use 3-5% by dry weight of fabric. Heat to 185ºF/85ºC, add fabric and continue heating. Color Remover works best at a rolling boil. Keep fabric moving for 10 to 20 minutes or until color has left as desired. Wash with mild detergent in cool water.
Note: When removing color from fabric, remember all dyes behave differently. Results may vary. Always test first.
CAUTION! Harmful if swallowed. Give water or milk if swallowed, and call a physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to excessive heat.
Easy-to-use soluble packet for use with all kinds of fabrics. iDye Color Remover lightens or removes a color and brightens whites. Does not contain bleach.
One packet treats 2-3 lbs/1-1.3 kg of fabric.
|0.49 oz/14 g||(Item JID1400)|
Note: Some fabrics may lighten to different color. Some dyes will be unaffected by color removers. Utensils and pot used for color remover should not be used for food.
1. Fill a stainless steel, aluminum, or enamel pot with just enough water for the fabric to move freely.
Turn on medium to high heat.
2. Add the iDye Color Remover soluble packet to water and stir.
3. Add garments and raise temperature.
For cotton and silk: bring temperature to just below a simmer.
For polyester: bring to just a rolling boil.
4. Maintain temperature and stir frequently for 10 to 20 minutes or until color has left as desired.
5. Wash the garment with a mild detergent and dry.
CAUTION! Harmful if swallowed. Contains Thiourea dioxide. Give water or milk if swallowed and call a physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.