by syndee holt
Note: Test your plastic switch cover in the oven at full temperature for baking the clay for about 5 minutes before proceeding with the decorating instructions).
1) Lightly spray selected texture sheet with water, to act as a "mold release."
2) Place flattened piece of conditioned clay on texture sheet and roll clay to emboss texture. If using pasta machine, roll clay through on widest setting, then roll through with texture sheet on same setting.
3) Peel off clay and place textured side down.
4) Place the original cover face down on clay and trim with 1/4" selvage.
5) Wrap edges up around sides of cover and trim to back edge.
6) Trim out area for switch and screws.
7) Flip over and apply colors of Pearl Ex to the high points of the texture.
8) Bake as directed on clay package and allow to cool...and install!
Printer friendly PDF:
Pearl Ex Switch Covers
Think you don't have time to play with polymer clay? Syndee Holt is a single mom, with a full-time job at UCSD, President of the San Diego Polymer Clay Guild, member of The Spanish Village Artist's Association in Balboa Park, designer, writer, and teacher of polymer clay. Her children, Tahichi and Koji, are very much involved in her work, helping with design, color and content on a regular basis.