• I am trying to dye white organdy an ivory or cream colour. There doesn't seem to be any such dye that I can purchase. Any ideas on how to make it?
  • What is the fabric type?
  • the fabric is white organdy which is cotton
  • In the ProcionMX dyes the Ecru #170 might work for you. Reduce the amount of dye powder suggested in the instructions - if the color is not deep enough you can redye - which is easier than removing the color. There is also a mixing chart which may be of help to you.
    anet
  • Thank you I will try that.
  • I have a white girls dress made of organdy cotton that I need ivory for a wedding. I was wondering if you were able to find a successful way to dye your fabric? Did the suggestion for using Ecru #170 work? Thank you so much for any information you can get back to me.
  • I have a white lace wedding Vail and want to color it ivory. What can I use
  • Hello,

Advising as to specific colors is always a bit of a gamble as we all have our own ideas of what a color is. However, using the definitions found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_white, as a starting point and presuming your lace is cotton, i would suggest you consider using a very pale dilution of Procion MX #170 Ecru with just a pinch of Procion MX #010 Bright Golden Yellow. I also strongly recommend testing for the color you are after. Here is the link to our Procion MX color chart: http://jacquardproducts.com/procion-mx.html

hope this helps
    annette
  • Good Morning,

The color I'm trying to achieve is a true bleached muslin....light cream. Due to the fact that I am trying to match a ruffled linen skirt to match the ruffle on the comforter, I wouldn't mind if the color I achieve has a bit of a yellowish tone for the comforter has quite a bit of yellow in it.

Thanks a mil!
    Babs
  • Hi i hve a light cream colour jacket which red wine was spilt down got wine out but has left a white mark where the wine was, the matirial is 100% polyester wld like a light cream dye what do you suggest