Approximate dry time for screen printed tee using Jacquard Pro inks
  • Hope this is in the right place - I couldn't tell where screen printing questions should go.
    I'll be taking a shot at silkscreen printing my first project this weekend - making t-shirts. (The screen burning process was a LOT less complicated/worrisome than I'd been led to believe).
    I wonder approximately how long the ink (Jacquard Professional - came in the 'for light fabrics' screen printing kit) will take to dry? I know heat and humidity can be a factor, I'm just looking for ballpark. I'll be doing the actual printing at my friend's workshop and want to know if I'll be able to take the shirts home that night (they're on cardboard shirt forms) - I know I won't be able to stack them, but I don't want them to smear or transfer off onto each other (or the upholstery/carpet of my car).

• (edited original post)
  • Hi Daphne,

Thanks for writing in.
    As you mention heat and humidity do play a roll in drying time. However, under 'average' conditions you can expect the inks to be dry to the touch within a couple of hours. I would avoid stacking them for 24 hours and full cure (for wash-ability) takes about 72 hours.

hope this helps
    annette