Lumiere paint on polymer clay
  • Hello,

I was wanting some general advice on painting with lumiere paint on polymer clay. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info around on this. I was wanting to paint on my baked polymer clay pieces and then seal with a UV resin. How long do I have to wait to seal the paint? Until it is touch dry or is it 24 hours as suggested for fabric? What else could I use to seal the paint? Any tips or extra advice using lumiere on polymer clay would be much appreciated. Thank you.
  • It is probably best to wait 24 hours before applying a sealer on top of Lumiere. That way, you can be confident that all the moisture has evaporated from the paint. You could pretty much use any sealer that you want (test first) and we also make a Pearl Ex Varnish or Airbrush Varnish which could be used as a top coat.

Jenny
  • Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the advice. I will wait the 24 hours. Better to be safe than sorry. I also have the pearl ex varnish so I will give that a go too for sealing. I forgot that I could probably use that. Fran.
  • This product is awesome to use with polymer clay. You can paint it on uncured clay and bake it at 300 degrees. It does not change color or burn at 300 for 20 minutes. Baking it dries it. You can also paint on polymer clay after it has been baked. It doesn't need to be sealed but the best sealer I have found to work with polymer clay is Preserve Your Memories II spray.