Not happy be warned!! Navy Blue iDye turned out black???!?! :O(
  • I brought some of the idye navy blue to dye a ivory lace ballero and ivory lace belt to go with my wedding dress and the idye navy blue has dyed it BLACK!!!!! absolutely devasted!! Can you please give me some advice on how I can best fix this my wedding is in 2 weeks and I need them done asap!! some suggestions i've had include getting some undo fabric dye from the supermarket to take the colour out and using a watered down bleach?? please advise...thank you
  • Now you know why you should always test your dye on similar fabric before you dye anything important!

Since iDye is a direct dye (unlike iDye Poly which is a disperse dye), it can usually be lightened by soaking it in hot water, and then washing it in hot water. Do this two or three times if necessary. The hotter the water is, the better.

If that doesn't work, you can consider a dye removal chemical, such as Jacquard Color Remover or Rit Color Remover (see my page, What chemicals can be used to remove dye?). Both of these work best in very hot water. Warning: some dye colors will change to a completely different color, instead of being lightened.

-Paula