question about green labled dyes
  • I am new at this so please bear with me.
    I have tried using green labled jacquard dyes (pink, yellow, orange) to get patches that blend into each other. The only problem is that now it is dry it has brown lines between the patchs and looks like a odd mix of sprinkles. It has not been set. Is there anything I can do to fix this mistake?
    Thanks
  • We can't think of a way to avoid this issue. The leading edge always poses a difficulty when colors collide (which causes a buildup of color). Its hard to know what to do, other than continue to experiment. Unfortunately, we don't know of a way to undo what has happened on this piece.

Jenny
  • Thank You for your time
  • easumme2 said:

I have tried using green labled jacquard dyes (pink, yellow, orange) to get patches that blend into each other. The only problem is that now it is dry it has brown lines between the patchs and looks like a odd mix of sprinkles.

Do one section at a time, paint the area where you are going to be blending colors with some water first. Then gently blend the colors into each other. Work them well into the silk. If you work wet into wet, you won't end up with that wet into dry dye line.

Also, if you are diluting your dyes wit plain tap water, or there is a lot of water in you brushes when you wash them, you might have too many chemicals & minerals in your water which is reacting with the dyes. Try using distilled water.