Jacquard Funky Groovy Kit
  • I bought this kit to do some shirts for the grandkids. The 3 colors provided look GREAT on the shirts, so I would like to bye more of these same colors without having to buy them in kit form. I found a post with a similar question to mine, but did not see an answer. I have not looked through each and every post, so I hope mine is not a redundant question.

The Kit box calls the colors that are included "blue, yellow, and red", but does not have a Jacquard item/color number for them.

Does anyone know if they are available seperate from the kits and what the Jacquard color names and numbers are?
  • Hi there,

The dye color numbers and names for the kit colors are:
    004 Lemon Yellow
    034 Magenta
    068 Turquoise
    You can purchase these at many retailers in the 2/3 ounce size and you will find larger sizes at places like Dick Blick Art Supplies. Take a look at the store locator for this product.

& thanks for sharing your success!
    anet
  • anet,
    I had guessed two of the 3 correctly. But I had guessed 040 fuchsia for the red instead of 034 magenta. Not that fuchsia would be a bad color, just wouldn't have been the one I wanted at this time.

Since I plan on buying 8oz or larger sizes, your confirmation is greatly apprciated. Thanks a bunch!
  • Recently bought this kit to have a project day with the kids. Really happy with the results.

Wife's

Daughter's
    Mine
    Son's

Next step is to find a local place that sells the Procion MX dyes in larger quantities. Would like to get some slightly darker colors to make a golf shirt before my next work outing in a few weeks.

Was thinking about 010 Bright Golden Yellow, 032 Carmine Red and 072 Medium Blue.
  • Nice! thanks so much for sharing your results and very pleased to hear you had so much fun with it.
    anet
  • Oddzilla said:

Next step is to find a local place that sells the Procion MX dyes in larger quantities. Would like to get some slightly darker colors to make a golf shirt before my next work outing in a few weeks.

Was thinking about 010 Bright Golden Yellow, 032 Carmine Red and 072 Medium Blue.

Ok, I did the golf shirt and it turned out pretty good. But, I didn't get the Procion dyes. Local place was out. So I used what I had for some immersion dyeing and improvised. I soaked the shirt in soda ash (which with this particular dye I won't do again). BUt it's a good Lessons Learned project so it WILL be better next time, that's for sure.

Colors didn't turn out as deep as I would have preferred (sure it was a soak time and setup time issue) but it still looks pretty nice.

I set the shirt up for a spiral pattern. I immersed one side each in red and blue and left about an inch in between the colors to keep the white between them (tried to take into account seeping from the dye). WIll go about 1/2 inch next time.

Did get some good ideas from trying this way, too. Next time, set it up the same way, immerse dye the two sides and then take a third color (black or yellow) and lay the flat sides down in it to of the red and blue to mix into orange and purple (if I use yellow).

Here's the results.

This is really fun. The ideas are just spinning in my head. :D