Pearl Ex in Melt and Pour (Glycerin) soap???
  • Is this a yes or a no?
  • Hi,
    Pearl-ex is not recommended for cosmetic use.
    Celia
  • I'm new to your site and was looking through the list of things you can use Pearl Ex for and discovered this below:
    Pearl Ex can be mixed into glycerin soaps in soapmaking and wax for candlemaking. This is taken directly from your site and I was really excited about the glycerin soap making bit then I just happened to discover this thread in your forums. So like the lady asked, is it OK or not and if not as you have mentioned, why does the web site list it as something you can do with Pearl Ex? Also is there any problem with "fumes" as the candles melt? Thanks, Sue
  • Hi,
    Pearl-Ex is pretty inert however to give direct recommendations for human use such as in soap and makeup a product must have received FDA approval and at this time that has not been sought for Pearl-Ex.
    Celia
  • and just as a followup to that, there is a discussion/paper at this site which you may find interesting.
    anet
  • Thanks for both of those replies. I've scanned the report and will read it more thoroughly later as my eyes are really tired. Kind of sounds like the Pearl-Ex IN soap should be ONLY for a pretty soap, not one to use. I'm sure I have worse things on my hands frequently (permanent ink and super glue for instance) but I probably won't use Pearl-Ex in any soaps for Christmas presents (for myself maybe). There are so many other uses, I'll go with them. Thanks for the help! Sue