Lumiere on stockings/pantyhose?
  • I'm painting a line down the back of a pair of black pantyhose, with a tiny design at the ankle. Obviously, I can't iron to set the hose. Even if they only last one wearing, that would be fine.

Any suggestions? Or just let air dry and that will be fine for a one shot deal.

Thanks for the help!

Debbie
  • If you're only going to wear the stockings once, and not wash them at all, then skipping the heat-setting will probably not be a problem, as long as you give them plenty of time to very thoroughly dry. Many heat-set-type fabric paints are set quite permanently by allowing them to dry for a month.

If you want to do this project so that the stockings can be washed, then you should add Jacquard Airfix to your Lumiere paint. If you add Airfix to your acrylic fabric paint, it will not require heat-setting.

Paula
  • pburch said:
    If you're only going to wear the stockings once, and not wash them at all, then skipping the heat-setting will probably not be a problem, as long as you give them plenty of time to very thoroughly dry. Many heat-set-type fabric paints are set quite permanently by allowing them to dry for a month.

If you want to do this project so that the stockings can be washed, then you should add Jacquard Airfix to your Lumiere paint. If you add Airfix to your acrylic fabric paint, it will not require heat-setting.

Paula

hey its very nice.. i really appreciate that :) thnx for telling us