Making Pinata permanent on ceramic
  • I decorated a mug with Pinata colors and let it sit for 48 hours, but the colors all washed off the first time I washed the mug by hand. Is there a way to make the Pinata colors permanent on ceramic or glass?
  • Hi,
    Did all of the color wash off or just in certain areas. Was the mug clean of grease before you started painted. You could put a clear acrylic coating such as Krylon over the top. Please be sure to use something that is not toxic.
    Celia
  • I have a similar question to Sophie. I just used Pebeo glass paint to paint 15 wine glasses. Now I need to add text. I tried using Pinata on a stamp pad and stamped the text on with an acrylic stamp I designed. They turned out beautiful. Now after Sophie's post, I'm afraid the text will come off the first time they are washed. I don't really want to use a clear coat of acrylic over the top. It would take away from the design. Is there anyway to set the color? What if I mixed it with Pebeo medium and baked them as I did with the designs? The glass was cleaned with rubbing alcohol before I stamped them.

Barb
  • Hi,

Piñata Colors have an alcohol base which makes them indelible and moisture resistant when dry and allows you to use them on almost any surface as long as it's clean and oil free. However, I am not sure they will stand up to being scrubbed or put in the dishwasher.

The only thing I can suggest is to do a test.

As far as use with Pebeo again mix them and try them out. Our paints are alcohol based unfortunately I am not sure what is in the Pebeo colors. Therefore can't give you any definitive advice as to whether they'll work or not...Sorry! :(

Celia