paper backing
  • Hello! Can you please advise on how to get the paper backing easily off of the cotton sheets? I purchased a pack of 30 sheets (a while ago) but haven't ever had any luck getting the backing off in one piece. It shreds into about dime size pieces, and leaves other shreds on the back of the fabric. I haven't heat-set or otherwise handled the fabric. Thank you for your help!
  • Hi Sharon,

Give customer service a call at 800-442-0455, they'll work it out with you.

:) Noelle
  • Sharon M. said:
    Hello! Can you please advise on how to get the paper backing easily off of the cotton sheets? I purchased a pack of 30 sheets (a while ago) but haven't ever had any luck getting the backing off in one piece. It shreds into about dime size pieces, and leaves other shreds on the back of the fabric. I haven't heat-set or otherwise handled the fabric. Thank you for your help!

I finally had to wet the cloth to get the paper off. Carol747
  • I don't know if you received my message. I wet the cloth and then the paper came off. Carol747
  • I've got 17" wide cloth with paper backing. I dyed it on an inkjet printer. If I get it wet the ink will run! Shall I steam the cloth with the paper backing still on?

I got one corner slightly damp and the backing paper came right off the damp area. But as soon as I got to the dry area, a stretchy film separated from the paper and stayed on the fabric. Will that stuff between the paper and cloth come off with the paper after steaming??
  • Hi,

Remove tyhe silk from the backing and steam it wrapped in unprinted newsprint paper of similar. Wash in cool water afterwards to remove any residue.

Celia
  • Hi!

You are lucky. I can't get it off at all, not even in small bits. I tried soaking the paper a bit, but then the colours run.

Crap! I want my money back.

Brgds

Danny
  • Hi Danny,

Please call customer service at 800 442 0455. We'll see what we can do to rectify this problem for you.

anet
  • Hi!

Rereading my posts, I may have come across curt, and if so, I apologize. But I was really upset.

I have noticed before, that your response to these questions tend to be "call customer support". What on earth is this forum for then? What is so secret, that you cannot post it on the forum??!

In any event, I can NOT call your 1-800 number. They only work within US, and I'm in Denmark.

I have however now managed to separate two sheets - two successes out of 6 attempts. They ended up somewhat distorted and frayed at the edges though. I really had to pull hard to get it off. What is this secret that can only be told on the phone?

Brgds

Danny
  • Although I'm not an employee, I'll speculate that the secret might be to arrange a replacement for any defective products. Since that's a one-on-one thing, it's best done in private phoning or emailing, not in a forum intended for thousands to read.

There's a contact info page that you should consult for alternatives to the toll-free number:
    http://www.jacquardproducts.com/contact.php

Paula
  • Hi!

The defective product idea, and replacement, makes sense; except I bought it through a supplier. Then I don't think that the manufacturer would be arranging any replacements. And that contacts page doesn't help much - calling California from Denmark about this would probably be more expensive than getting a replacement.

In any event - meanwhile I have figured it out! I have a near 100% success rate now. I have suggestions including an important change to the dismal instructions. Let's see if Jacquard cares enough about the customers to ask.

Brgds

Danny
  • Danny,

I am the Customer Service Supervisor for Jacquard Products. As Paula mentioned, there are several ways to get it touch with us-including email, which avoids any costly or inconvenient international phone calls.

We would be happy to discuss your problems with the glue on the inkjet sheets. Just because you purchased through a supplier does not mean that we can't work with you to resolve the situation.

You can email us at [email="service@jacquardproducts.com"]service@jacquardproducts.com[/email].

Sincerely,

Jenny Rene