Canvas Shoes - how to get paint to stay
  • I am going to be painting with Neopaque on some white canvas shoes. Since I will not be able to heat set them, is there something I can do to make sure the color stays?

Appreciate any response. Thanks so much!!!

Wanda be Painting!
  • Hey Wanda....

You can use a hair dryer to help the paint set. Or you could mix in our product called Airfix.
    (product info here: http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/chemicals/airfix.php)
    Items that will not be washed right away usually fare pretty well in the setting department--the paints tend to set themselves over a period of time--if they don't get wet.

How about posting some pictures when you're done?

Noelle
  • Noelle - thanks so much for the information. I will probably use the hair dryer. Yes, will take a few pics to post when finished!!! Can’t wait to get started!

Now I am trying to find a Jacquard Neopaque distributor in my neighborhood.
  • Hi - Have you tried the Stores feature here on the website to locate a supplier for the Jacquard products?

If your local art supply store doesn't carry the stuff, you might find some things at JoAnn fabrics, in their larger stores.

Good luck! - L
  • Thank you for your response. I will try Joanns!
  • Hi, which types of paint can i use to paint on white canvas shoes so thaqt the colors won't run?
  • Hi,
    Textile colors, Lumiere and Neopaque should work best.
    Celia