Im painting my wedding dress...
  • Hi all --

I want a pink and orange wedding dress. After lots of exploration I decided to buy a dress and paint it. The dress is organza on top of satin. I'd narrowed down to angelus mixed with 2-thin and gac900, applied with a preval sprayer. I went with leather paint so I didn't need to wash it, and because it didn't bleed through the organza as unevenly. The hand is fine. But I've realized the Pink options aren't right.

Question - do I try mixing? Or try dye-na-flow, which I haven't tried and seems to have a great color. If I do, do I have to heat set it? I can't wash the dress.

Thanks!

Nikki
  • Hi Nikki,

Not quite sure what you mean by mixing. However, Dye-Na-Flow is an excellent option for what you are describing.

annette
  • I think painting would be a better option than dying, the dye could cause damage to your gown fabric, my friend who got married last year in Florida painted her wedding dress and it turned out very well. The best thing is that you can even wash it afterwards. So you can try this method instead of dying.