dying pale blue polycotton
  • Help please, I have some pale (baby) blue Polycotton (52% poly/48%cotton) curtains, that I want to dye yellow. How can I achieve this? use a dye remover first to cleanse the material and then follow the dye instructions? Or will I just end up with green curtains? Many thanks
  • This really depends on if the blue is a poly color or Natural one. Generally the natural color will come out and the poly will not. You can test a small corner with bleach and see if any of the color comes out. If it does, go for it and get that color out. If not, it is going to be very hard to get yellow when there is blue in there.

Then you have to decide if you want to dye half or all of the threads. You can get a yellow heather easily with natural dye or you can boil the curtains with Idye natural and idye poly both at once and dye all the threads yellow.

I have dyed curtains with the poly before and my tip is that curtains are usually so thin, you do not need the entire packet to get them the color you want.