• Is there a recipe book to mix colors and amounts if dye to use when dyeing yarn? I am not getting the color saturation I want, so I think it may be do to not using enough color.
  • Hi there,

Check our instructions page - it gives you the measurements you are looking for.
    http://jacquardproducts.com/assets/jacquard-site/product-pages/dyes/acid/Acid Dye Instructions.pdf

annette
  • Is there an easy way to convert these measurements for several skeins of yarn? Going by oz's makes the increments so small my scale doesn't register them.
  • ...not so much...
    Because skeins are so very differently composed one could be 2 ounces and another of the same length be 3 ounces so converting ounces to skeins is next to impossible.
    What I can tell you, however, is that unless you are trying for a very exact shade (and in that case I'd have to advise getting a more sensitive scale) start with a heavy concentration of dye - say 1/8th to 1/4 ounce of dye for one 4 ounce skein of yarn. (are you space dyeing? immersion dyeing?)
    What you'll find is that the yarn will absorb only a certain amount of dye - after the proscribed time in the dye bath the bath will either have become transparent to nearly clear or will have quite a bit of dye left in it.
    If there is quite a bit of dye left then you've reached the saturation level for the dye. If it goes completely or nearly clear the yarn may take more dye.

let me know if you have any other questions.
    annette