...a plain 'ol color mixing chart...
  • i have the series 1&2 mica pigments, i am looking for a color mixing chart or if you call it something else, i would love to know...i have searched, and searched, and searched...you get the idea...
    can you tell i'm new at this?
    thanx
  • Hello Anjelictwins,

We don't have a color mixing chart for the Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments.
    Our basic color chart is http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/pearlex/colors.php

When I want to create a new color I just wing it, following basic color mixing principles (yellow+blue=green etc). This may not work across the board though, so you'll have to experiment with small amounts to see how they work.

Write me again if you have trouble getting specific colors and I'll try my best to help.

Good luck!

Noelle
  • believe it or not i am using your products in my own homemade cosmetics... they work great...i am an artist first...so i get the whole color mixing thing...but with the pigments, and their light reflections, and color undertones it is difficult to make soft neutral colors, i have been experimenting, with wonderful results... but a basic mixing chart would be helpful.
    i appreciate the time you took to reply!
    thanx
    amy
  • Hi Amy,

I've been away from the forum for a bit so just noticed your post...I do want to point out that the PearlEx Pigments are not certified for cosmetic use. PearlEx is an art material and only certified to art material standards.

Ta, Annette
  • Hi - If you want the powdered colors for cosmetic use, go to Essentialwholesale.com. They carry them for eyes, lips, and face powder/blsuh. Unfortunately, they sell in wholesale quantities, I think starting at several ounces - that's a lot of eye shadow!

But they do have sample kits with all the colors. They're expensive, but cosmetic grade - much safer, and you don't have to worry about permanently staining your skin with something.

Good luck! - L
  • Hey there L!

Thanks for the info on that site--it's very cool!
    For those of you who are doing cosmetics out there check it out!

If you are doing art or home deco projects please keep buying our wonderful Pearl Ex products!

Here's to a sparkling world:)

Noelle