Faded slipcovers
  • Hello,
    I have two armless chair slipcovers that are faded from the sun and I want to dye them in tan/beige color.
    The fabric is cotton and not worn at all. The color right now is golden beige. Please let me know if I can remove the color with the color removal ,bleach or peroxide. Also since the slipcovers are large and I need to use a big stock pot do I need to replace the water and color removal after every batch or I can reuse it. I am planning to use Procion dye after that. How I can get tan/beige color?
    Thanks,
    Paulina.
  • Dear Paulina,

The Color Remover should remove the existing color. I qualify that because the removal will depend on what type of dye was used to color the covers originally. As for changeing the water after each batch, that won't be necessary, but I do recommend you add more color remover for each batch.
    As for the tan/beige color check this post for recommendations: http://jacquardproducts.com/forums/discussion/comment/8208#Comment_8208.
    While the discussion there concerns ivory, you can get an idea of what direction to go by checking the wiki link.

let me know if you have any further questions.
    annette