Refreshing faded stroller
  • I have an older baby jogger brand stroller that I got off of craigslist for $10. It was red when it was new now it's about four shades of pink and orange. If possible I would like to make it burgundy, is that possible with the poly dye,or should I just refresh the red?
  • It would be difficult to dye that I think. The poly dye needs to be boiled, so can you remove all the fabric and put it on a pot on the stove? It will dye plastic parts too, so you have to be careful.

An easier solution, that should give similar results, is using dye-na-flow to paint it. Dye-na-flow acts like a dye and works on polyester, but you don't need to put the stroller in a dye bath and you can get the stroller much darker, and it will not fade after that. You can put the dye na flow on with a sponge, sponge brush or a spritzer bottle. It will sink in and you won't feel it at all. I think this is your best best. Claret and cranberry red together make a good burgundy, and those 2 baby food sized jars of material should do it I think. You can also get 8oz bottles here:

http://www.dharmatrading.com/paints/dye-na-flow-fabric-paint.html