HELP!! 48% Linen 33% Polyester 17% Vicouse 2% Elastane Dress
  • Hello I am wanting to wear this dress to a wedding tomorrow! What type of dye should I be using? It is an off white colour now. :)
  • Blended garments are the most challenging to dye. You might want to reconsider your plans to dye and wear this dress for tomorrow. Blends are difficult because each fiber has its own characteristics and require different dyes. Dyeing finished garments (as opposed to yardage of fabric) is always risky, and this risk is compounded by a blended fabric... Not impossible, just more challenging, as there are more things that can go wrong...

If you decide to try dyeing your dress, you'll want to use a mix of iDye and iDye Poly (http://jacquardproducts.com/idye.html). Use similar colors of each. Add salt. Dissolve in a large pot of water and heat on the stove to a ROLLING BOIL. Then submerge your dress in the boiling dye and keep it submerged and boiling for half an hour to an hour. Keep the garment moving. Stir the entire time. It is very important that the dress has enough room to move freely in the dye bath. You want to avoid bunching and folding as much as possible. When you are done, rinse and wash.

Let me know if you have any further questions. If you go for it, let us know how it turns out! Good luck!