Best methods to Fix a Polyester dress painted with Dye-NA Flow
  • Hi,
    I painted a fancy chiffon polyester dress using Dye-Na Flow paints yesterday. I was wondering how to best fix the dress. I know ironing is usually recommended but the dress has some delicate rouching that would be hard to access/ iron properly. From online it seems as though you can fix a dress by placing it in a dryer but I am unsure if that means home dryer.

What would you recommend is the best why to have my dress fixed?

My plan is to fix the dress. And then 1- 2 weeks after have it dry cleaned so that it is in top condition for my event which is in little over a month. I would like to have the capacity to wash in the future so that i can use the dress for other occasions
  • You can use a Jacquard product called Airfix http://www.jacquardproducts.com/airfix.html
  • Pariaba,

Because you have already painted the dress using the AirFix at this point isn't going to be helpful.
    What I would recommend is allowing the dress to air dry for a total of 72 hours (or better) then put it in your home dryer on the appropriate fabric setting and allow it to tumble for 30 to 45 minutes.
    I would also recommend asking the dry cleaner to do a spot test with the chemicals they use. I think the dress will be fine, but as this is a 'make or break' deal I'm inclined to err to the side of caution.

hope this helps,
    annette