painting dansneakers
  • I have a few questions about painting my Capezio dance sneakers found here: http://www.capeziostore.com/product-p/ds29.htm
    I won't be able to iron them so Airfix it is but I have serious concerns about whether the paint would actually bind to the shoes at all and although I won't ever be washing them, I don't want to get caught in the rain and start bleeding a rainbow onto the streets.

Various parts of the shoes are neoprene, suede, and EVA/vinyl foam. If I can get even a little paint to bind to any parts of the shoes (such as just the soles or something), I'll be satisfied.

Any thoughts, tips, ideas?
  • I would recommend the Jacquard textile paints or any heat set paints & dyes suitable for fabric & leather. Sneakers can be tossed into the dryer to heat set.

OR: Golden Acrylic paints makes a textile medium called GAC 900. It can be added to any acrylic paint to make it a soft fabric paint. It does NOT require heat setting. Make sure you use a stiff bristle brush to really scrub & push the paints into the fibers to make sure they adhere well.
  • Our Lumiere and Neopaque work quite well on shoes, too. Check out sassyfeet.com - Margot Silk Forrest uses our paints on all kinds of shoes!

anet