Dying rayon/nylon/lycra blend dress
  • Hi there,
    Was hoping for a bit of help from those who are more experienced. I have NEVER dyed anything, so any advice is appreciated.

I have a white/ivory dress that is a rayon/nylon/lycra blend, with a polyester lining. I have bought the idye machine dye, and idye poly dye, (both in the color violet) as well as dye salt, as I was told I can use both dyes at the same time in my washer to dye this sort of material.

I was also advised to use a high heat (90 degrees C) on an extended wash cycle in order to get the best results.
    The dress actually says "dry clean" on the care tag, but I have washed it a couple times myself in my washer and it has turned out fine.

Here is my question, what is the likelihood of this dress shrinking significantly when washed in such hot water?

I really don't want to ruin this dress, it was expensive, however it was bought for a specific event and it had to be white. I will never wear a white dress ever again, which it why I want to dye it a darker color.

Any help with this would be great, as well as any other advice!
    Thanks!
    [right]imageimageimage[/right]