Paint cotton with ink? Metallics don't always lay down nicely
  • Bit of a time crunch, so today I'll try to paint with metallic Screen Printing ink on 100% cotton sheets.

I need to find my brushes, and I haven't opened the jar to find it's consistency yet. I have little experience painting fabric.

I have stencils, so I thought "Dry Brush Technique", but metallics don't always lay down nicely. So if I do freehand, would it bleed through?
  • Hello
    It may bleed through but that is generally going to be dependant on the wieght of the fabric and the amount of ink you apply.
    Celia
  • Firstly check the color what u want that color r bleeding so try another color sometime some color not suit the fabric or dye reaction so Apply color with appropriate quality & chemical .
  • Whitti1 said:
    Bit of a time crunch, so today I'll try to paint with metallic Screen Printing ink on 100% cotton sheets.

I need to find my brushes, and I haven't opened the jar to find it's consistency yet. I have little experience painting fabric.

I have stencils, so I thought "Dry Brush Technique", but metallics don't always lay down nicely. So if I do freehand, would it bleed through?

Such a very amazing link!
    Thanks you for the post.

I also think so.