Hello From Southern California....
  • Hi All!....My Name is Cori, I am from So Cali, I run Mac OSX, Adobe design package, 24" vinyl cutter & a single color screen printer. I just picked up some of the waterbased air dry inks & was wondering whats the technique with this stuff. Do I need to add water with it? I also noticed that the ink dries in the screen quick (how do I avoid that?)....Thanks for any replies in advanced....
    ....Blessed
  • Wow! 22 people look at my thread and no one says hi back.
  • Ill end up deleting my account then if its going to be like this..... Ill get my questions answered faster at tshirt forum. Love your ink, but this forum sucks!
  • Dear Cori, We have two screen inks. I am assuming you are referring to Jacquard Professional Screen inks, not Versatex. I also assume you are printing on fabric not vinyl or other substrates.
    Water can be added to thin the consistency of the ink. You would do this for a variety of printing conditions which is up to the preference of the printer. For example, if you are printing with a very fine mesh on fabric making the ink thinner with water will deliver more product to the fabric. It will also increase penetration of the color into the fabric which may be desirable. In contrast, a thicker ink will keep the color on the surface. If you are printing on a non-absorbent substrate you will want to keep the ink thick, or at least do not thin it to the point where you will loose definition.
    The only color which will have a propensity to dry on the screen is the white. That is because it contains so much white pigment and therefore very little medium. However we will remedy this in the future. That is not to say that the very thin film of ink on the screen after a draw down in other colors will not dry. To a large extent this film will resolubilize with more ink. To prevent the drying when you walk away from the screen keep it flooded with product and it will not dry rapidly. I hope this answers your questions. I will be looking to see if you have follow-up questions.
  • Thank you for the relpy Mkatz... Ill keep all that in mind....
    ...to my post ealier, sorry for the crabbiness, just used to forums with quick response...
    Thanks Again