Pinata Tutorial?
  • Hi. I've seen some beautiful pictures of things that have been made with Pinata and Polymer Clay, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to use the inks to do things like that. I have never used inks before, and I guess I need a basic tutorial on how to use inks with clay because I am extremely frustrated. For example, I have a bead book that has instructions for making beads with Pinata, and it just says "Apply Pinata ink", no info on how to do this. If I squirt it on, it gets all over everything, not to mention wasting a lot of ink. If I put it in a palette and try to use it like paint, it dries out immediately. If I add liquid translucent clay, the colors get muted. Please advise! Thanks!
  • Hi Carli,

There are a couple of things you can try. Claro Extender will mix with the colors and extend the drying time slightly. Mix small amounts on a plastic palette and apply with a paint brush. Also, try just squeezing a bit out of the bottle and catching the color onto a brush to paint with. Check out the projects in the Pinata section of the website, they should help with various application methods.

Keep trying! You will create something beautiful!

Noelle