Totally new to this
  • I am totally out of my element here but fell in love with a color of yarn in the book "Shawls Two", a book of knitting patterns. There is a shawl shown on page 88, the Afghan Shawl. On line, the color of this yarn is not as bright. Not sure if this the computer or if the picture in the book is because of printing. I bought Brown Sheep Burly Spun 100% wool in the color #115 Oatmeal. I want the deep teal color shown in the book. It looks like it has a yellowish color underneath it . I was wondering if I used Jacquard Acid Dye in Chartreuse waited till it was dry and then dyed it again with the Teal would I get the color shown in the knitted shawl on page 88. If anyone is familiar with this book and this makes sense to someone out there any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
  • Hi,

Honestly it may the photography also a computer approximation of color is just that, an approximation as the computers palette of colors is way smaller than in a printed book or what the human eye can detect... that being said I would definitely do a test first before you commit your entire stock of yarn to the bath. Water quality and the original color of the yarn amongst other things can affect the end result as well.

Sorry I wasn't able to give you the definitive reply I am sure you were seeking but being cautious is bar far the best approach.

Celia