• We are tie-dying with the jadquard kit for my daughter's 10th birthday. I hadn't realized until I read the instructions that the tie-dyed garment should sit for 24hrs before rinsing. Will it still be a successful project if we only have 3 hours to let the t-shirts sit? I would be very appreciative of anyone elses experience with this. I am not keen on the option of sending the tie-dyed shirts home in a plastic bag for them to rinse at home- messy project to send home! Thanks in advance!
  • Hi there,

We really do recommend leaving the tie dyed items for at least 12 hours to ensure the dyes have fixed to the fibers. You might want to check with Paula Burch - she may have some suggestions on how to shortcut the process. Her web address is www.pburch.net

good luck!
  • thank you for the quick reply and the web site to search-it is very informative. we have tried leaving the dye on for just 1 1/2 hours then wash and drying, it looks nice....will compare to one that we are leaving sit for 24hrs. again, thank you.