Old Pinata leaving "specks"
  • I have some bottles of Pinata that have been sitting in my apt. for a year or more, unused, and I just recently pulled them out and tried to mix some into liquid clay. Most of the colors I have mixed well, but two or three (blue, purple) left specks in the liquid clay. I don't know if there's a way to dissolve those specks or if I need to replace my Pinata inks. They used to blend in really well, but when I used the tinted liquid clay, those specks showed up and I didn't like the way they looked on my project.
  • I have had the same problem with a variety of colors, but mainly those you mention. I think it's a pigment issue because the same thing happened with a new bottle of color.
  • Cessna,
    Are you having this issue when combining Pinata and clay as well? This is not an issue we are familiar with. Pinata is formulated with alcohol, resin and dye; there are no pigments in the colors. Thus it cannot be a "pigment issue." Perhaps some of the ink has dried in the tip of your bottles, and those are the clumps you are seeing? Or perhaps it is a compatibility issue? What kind of clay were you using, bdbear10? Polymer clay?
    I would like to get to the bottom of this! Please let me know!
    Thanks,
    Asher