Newbie fixer question
  • Hello all,

I'm just about to try my hand at dyeing for the very first time. My hope is to successfully dye some mohair fabric green. image

I am ready with my fabric, Jacquard acid dye and stainless steel pot but am unsure about the fixing stage. To make my life easier I bought some fixer at the same time as the dye (it was listed as less smelly than vinegar and I thought great!). But, 1. I've no idea what the sachet contains and 2. What concentration to use it at. Doh! There are no instructions of any kind on the packet. I should have just got some vinegar and be done with it. image

Still, I'm hoping that you will be able to help me here. Any idea what this fixer may be? The label on the packet is Brusho easifix dyes fixer.

Thank you so much

Lisa
  • S'OK, I have managed to find the answer. :)
  • Hi there,

Would you share with us? I looked for information about the product you mentioned and couldn't find anything. I'm interested to know what you found.

anet
  • Sure thing,

I found the answer on the manufacturers website (Colourcraft), I looked there initially but missed the product help button. Ooops! :o

Anyway I still don't know what's actually in the sachet but whatever it is you have to use 4 grams for every 100g fabric (dry weight). It's easy peasy really, I had my first go at dyeing the mohair this morning and can confirm that all works great. The fabric is now a rich deep green colour (spruce dye). :D

Regards

Lisa
  • Cool, Thanks for that. I'll take a look at the Colorcraft web site.

anet