Applying Dye to Specific area?? Help??
  • I have been designing some clothing with bleach and dye... I wanted to know how to apply dye to a specific to fix some areas where bleach mistakes have occured. I have only dyed clothing by soaking it and do not know how it would work without totally soaking the garment for a long period of time. If anyone can help me out it would be most appreciated.
  • Hi,

OK you need to start by telling me what fabric the garments are made from. Are they cotton, silk or wool etc.

Also what dyes are you using and what type of bleach are you using to remove the color?

You can thicken dye and paint it on but it really depends on what type of effect you are looking for.

Celia
  • Hello Celia,

I am dying 100 percent cotton, I am using procion dye, and chlorine bleach. I would like to get rid of some of the bleach spots as cleanly as possible.
  • If you don't, the chlorine bleach will continue to change dye colors if you paint the dye over the bleach spots. (Ask me how I know!) That's why I use thiourea dioxide instead of chlorine bleach now.