quality and safety for products
  • image greetings!
    I'm new to this site, but I've used the injet printing cotton sheets as an experiment for a pillow product I want to market, and am pleased with the results. I'm starting out small in terms of quantity so, I'll be creating these kid pillows myself. I've got an image for both front/back of the pillow so I use two sheets at a time. The pillow is about 7 inches in height. My questions are on quality and safety of using this product to create the pillows...is it safe for kids to play with, sleep with, etc.? how many washes until the images fade? should I consider another product to create these pillows that would reduce any hazard liability or is this kid safe? If kid safe, where can I find this info on your site? Any advice is welcome. Thank you. Laura
  • Hi Laura,

Sounds like a fun adventure!
    The InkJet Sheets can be washed--but gently. They are not designed to hold up to vigorous, regular washing in a machine. For best washability, after printing, allow the image to dry for 24 hours, rinse by hand in lukewarm water to remove any excess ink, let it dry again, then heat set with a hot, dry iron.
    I recommend doing your own test to see if you are satisfied with how they hold up.
    As far as safety is concerned, they should be fine. You could check on the kinds of ink that your printer uses. My understanding is that the end result is basically the same as other printed fabrics you would buy in the fabric store.

Wishing you great success!

Noelle
  • Hi Noelle,

I appreciate your input. As suggested, I will follow your instructions and test myself. Thank you!

regards,
    Laura